The Lithuanian company LiTak-Tak in cooperation with the Polish company Altimus-Tech will be showcased the new AMBER-1800 Ground-based mobile VHF-band radar at the 25th International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO in Poland.
The upcoming, jubilee MSPO is held from 5 to 8 September 2017 in Targi Kielce.
The AMBER-1800 is a new ground-based mobile VHF-band radar provides automatic deployment on prepared sites and is designed for detection of air targets, determination of their coordinates and distribution of radar information to consumers. Transmitter and receiver of AMBER-1800 radar are solid-state.
Mobile VHF-band radar AMBER-1800 is designed on the basis of automatically deployed multi-section antenna system. The antenna itself represents a stacked array of dipole-slot antennas with linear horizontal polarization.
Performance characteristics of the stacked array antenna:
- elevation of the antenna phase center – 6 meters;
- operational frequency band from 140MHz to 180 MHz;
- output impedance – 50 ohms;
- beamwidth – 6 degrees;
- level of sidelobes – minus 20 dB;
- antenna rpm – 3 to 6.
Time of deployment (stowing down) and leveling of the antenna mast assembly after vehicle positioning on prepared site does not exceed 12 minutes.
Hardware cabin with main electronic equipment – vehicle No. 1;
Vehicular platform with leveling system carrying antenna mast assembly (AMA) and deployment system, antenna-feeder system, two electric power plants – vehicle No. 2.
Functions of AMBER-1800
- automatic detection of air targets and determination of their coordinates (plots: azimuth, range);
- automatic generation of tracks and tracking of air targets in specified areas of airspace;
- displaying of video, plots and tracks, automatic distribution of air situation to consumers over provided data links;
- automatic issuance of the air target elevation measurement commands to radio height-finders, correlation of measured elevation with the tracks;
- recording and storage of air situation and interfaces of radar operators;
- control of radar operation modes, technical monitoring and diagnostics.
- antenna-feeder system;
- AMA automatic deployment system;
- platform automatic leveling system;
- antenna rotation and tilt system;
- transmitting system;
- receiving system;
- information processing, displaying and distribution system (operator and remote workstations with 500 m standard cable);
- recording, monitoring and diagnostics system;
- power supply; two power plants, transformer 380V – 220V, automatic load transfer and power distribution unit of the hardware cabin;
- communication system;
- temperature control;
- semitrailer is leveled automatically/manually by electric drives installed on the chassis.