Ukrainian state enterprise State Kyiv Design Bureau LUCH has unveiled a light, portable missile system, called the Corsar (Le Corsaire), at Eurosatory 2018 in Parish.
The Corsar is the smallest anti-tank guided missile (
The system provides carrying out of firing from prepared and unprepared positions, using the mount and without it.
The system contains the devices, which provide its mobility, autonomous operation and diagnosis by build-in self-check system. The missile guidance is realized by a method of TV orientation in a laser beam. A target tracking is carried out by a gunner in a manual or automatic mode by means of the guidance device, incorporated into the launcher.
Implementation of numerous advanced engineering solutions provides up-to-date level of performance characteristics:
- Possibility of firing from prepared and unprepared positions, both from the mount and from a trench parapet;
- Destruction of armoured targets behind explosive reactive armour by means of hollow-charge warhead application;
- Guidance system high-noise immunity against organized jamming;
- Guidance in low-power radiation level for purposes of control channel covertness (security);
- High accuracy and advanced range of fire;
- Possibility of firing on maneuverable targets (helicopters, combat reconnaissance vehicles, armoured vehicles).
The guidance system functionally consists of an optical sight and a missile laser control channel. With the help of the optical sight the gunner realizes a target searching, detection, identification and the target tracking.
The laser and optical sights are adjusted between themselves.
The missile control information field is made up by the guidance device. The missile control system realizes a missile injection into the center of an information beam and provides the following missile holding in this position up to the moment of the target distraction.